Jalgaon Municipal Corporation Budget
Jalgaon Municipal Corporation budget provides details of details of receipts and expenditure of the local body.
About the Budget
- No account codes have been assigned for any section of the Jalgaon Municipal Corporation budget in the original documents. Hence this document consists of object heads and amounts for those heads.
- The corporation adopts the following practice while presenting the budgets: the commissioner puts forth the estimates (known as 95 budget), then the standing committee approves/changes the budget (known as 96 budget), and then the corporation comes out with a final budget (known as 100 budget). There are always many changes from 95 to 96 but hardly any between 96 and 100.We have referred to the 100 budget since it’s the final one.
- Data for budget estimates (approved by the general body) for the year 2016-17 is not available in the document provided on the website of Jalgaon Municipal Corporation. Available data for budget estimates 2016-17 are commissioner's estimates, which are not the final estimates. Hence that has not been included.
- Although, the sub totals of each section match with the grand total, there are discrepancies in data for the sub totals. Due to difference in object heads each year, only the object heads mentioned in latest budget are mentioned. Hence, the sub totals do not match with the components in many instances. (In some cases the detailed heads for every year differ, hence only the object heads from the latest budget document are being mentioned. This may cause some discrepancies in the sub totals).
- Under the Bombay Provincial Municipal Corporation Act 1949 (BPMC Act 1949), corporations under jurisdiction of this Act are required to present separate budgets for water and drainage/sewage departments (namely 'C' budget) and 'B ' budget for transport department. This explains the separate accounting of revenue as well as capital receipts and expenditure as 'A', 'B' and 'C' budgets.
- All amounts have been converted into Rs. in Lakhs for the sake of uniformity.
- The original budget documents uses the term 'income', we have used the term 'receipts' for the sake of uniformity.
- Data is unavailable or incomplete for various detailed heads. The overall accounting quality is poor.
- EGS-Education Guarantee Scheme
- MLA- Member of Legislative Assembly
- MLC- Member of Legislative Council
- MP- Members of Parliament
- GIS Geographic Information System, UIDSSMT-Urban Infrastructure Development Scheme for Small and Medium Towns
- IDSMT- Integrated Development of Small and Medium Towns, MIDC Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation
- HUDCO- Housing and Urban Development Corporation
- ‘JDCC- Jalgaon District Central Cooperative
- NA-Non Agricultural
- MSEDC- Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Company
- MSEB- Maharashtra State Electricity Board
- IHSDP- Integrated Housing and Slum Development Programme
- SJSRY- Swarna Jayanti Shahari Rozgar Yojana
- Housing Schemes for Scheduled Castes and Nav Boudhas,
|Keywords||"Jalgaon", "Receipt", "Expenditure", "Revenue", "Capital", "Tax", "Grants", "Corporation Funds", "Low Cost Personal Latrines for Economically Weaker Sections", "Water Supply and Sanitation", "Deposit and Returns", "Municipal Funds", "Works from Government Grants", "Education", "Public Health and Amenities", "Public Work Department", "Integrated Housing and Slum Development Program", "Public Safety", "Income from Municipal Properties", "Golden Jubilee Urban Employment Scheme", "Housing Scheme", "Transport", "Town Planning", "Khandesh Package", "SJSRY", "Maharashtra Golden Jubilee Urban Development Mega Campaign", "JDCC", "Sewage Scheme", "Sujal and Nirmal Abhiyan"|
|Source||Jalgaon Municipal Corporation Budget Documents for the years 2014-15 and 2015-16|
|Unit||Figures are presented in units of Rs. Lakhs|